General Data Protection Regulations – GDPR
Your Information &, how we interact with it.
Leads2u.org.uk is an independent online marketing affiliate. The purpose of this website is to provide visitors with information about different types of home improvement leads, and to offer a simplified method to get enquiries for the cost of home improvements.
You should also view our Terms & Conditions.
What information we collect.
If you use our services via this website to request home improvement leads, in order for you to get leads, we ask you to supply us with some basic information via a contact form. This information is the very least that is necessary for us to carry out that task.
The only personal information we ask for is:
- Your name.
- Your Company name.
- Your telephone contact number.
- An email address.
- Your Address & Post Code.
- What type of home improvement leads you are interested in.
- Your area of coverage
The contact form will also collect your current IP address (at the time you sent the form) and the time and date that you sent that form to us.
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your device (computer) when you are online. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The currently assigned IP address can disclose the location of your device.
Why we collect your data.
The reason we collect this specific information is to be able to put you in touch with individuals or companies that require home improvement quotations.
We need to know who you are, what type of customer or lead is required, the locations where you can carry out the proposed work (to identify the prospective customer is within your area of coverage), and how to get in touch with you in order to provide home improvement leads.
Only once we have this information will we able to determine if we can provide you with home improvement leads.
As you can see, we only ask for a minimum of data to be able to fulfill the offering of this website.
The Legal basis for data collection
Our position is that we have a “Legitimate Interest”. It is more than reasonable for you to expect to be contacted as a result of your website enquiry, having already voluntarily provided your contact details (as above) in order to request home improvement leads.
We do not, and will not in the future, collect sensitive data about individuals such as covered in Article 9 of GDPR (Race, Religion, Political beliefs etc).
You do not have to provide any data if you choose not to do so, it is a voluntary process. However, if no information is provided, then we will not be able to arrange for home improvement companies to get in touch with you to provide quotations for your proposed work.
Definition of consent
This website relies on your consent to process your personal information – The GDPR definition of consent is given as:
“Any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her”
Persons under the age of 18
If you are under the age of 18, do not send any personal data to us. We do not knowingly collect, process or share the Personal Data of children or minors.
Non Personally Identifying data.
How long we retain data.
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
Otherwise, we would retain the data you send us for up to 12 months from the date of your (latest) enquiry, after which it is deleted.
There are a few reasons why we keep your data for up to 12 months:
- Many persons want quotes for work that may take place several weeks or months in the future, and this is one of the first enquiries they make when gathering quotations. We need to retain the data to get in touch when they are ready to commence the work.
- It’s not always possible to get in touch immediately and we may have to make follow up calls.
- As a customer service improvement aid, some weeks after the initial quotations have been provided to you, we may want to get in touch again to ascertain how you rated our services and that of the leads supplied. This will help us to understand our customer service levels as we work towards continually improving them.
- We also need to keep in touch to manage the business relationship between ourselves whilst it exists.
How do you have your details removed from our system?
To opt out of any further email, phone or other direct communications send an email to GDPR- Admin giving your name, email and contact number.
Set the subject clearly as OPT OUT REQUEST or DATA REMOVAL REQUEST, please include the name of the website on which you submitted the data and when. We will then comply without any undue delay.
Be advised that we may request some form of identity verification.
The easiest method of contacting us is to use the form at the foot of the page.
How we use your personal data
Once you submit your details using our website contact form, you will be contacted by telephone to confirm your request and “double check” your requirements.
Alternatively, a follow up to your enquiry via E-mail will be sent (if you provided a working e-mail address) if it is not possible to get in touch with you by phone.
During the initial telephone conversation, we will confirm the process that is going to follow.
Alternatively, where we don’t have any companies covering the requested product or service in your area, your data may be disclosed and shared with an affiliate company that provides the same service as us in order to fulfil your enquiry requirements.
What this means to you is that you should be prepared for more than 1 call to discuss your requirements (plus the initial verification phone call).
If you don’t want to be contacted by phone, you should specify this on the contact form and we will comply with your wishes.
Affiliated Companies that may potentially receive your personal data.
- Leads2trade Ltd: http://leads2trade.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Compare Companies Ltd: https://www.comparecompanies.co.uk/privacy-policy.php
- Lead Generator (Kent): http://www.leadgenerator-uk.com/
- Price Engines Ltd: https://www.windowquoter.co.uk/privacy-and-advertising-policy-2
What are your rights
You have a number of rights within the GDPR with regard to your personal information. The following are those which apply to the personal data that we collect:
- INFORMATION: You have the right to be informed. In this case it means you are entitled to know what happens to your personal information.
- ACCESS: You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you wish to know this information, use the contact form on this page and we will provide it to you within a reasonable amount of time. There are no charges for this service.
- RECTIFICATION: In the event that any information we have about you is incomplete or incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected or completed (rectified).
- ERASURE: You have the right to have your data erased. If you request us to delete your data, we will comply and fully delete any personal information we hold about you without any undue delay. This right can sometimes be known as “the right to be forgotten”.
- PROCESSING: Rather than requesting us to delete your information, you have the right to ask us to restrict (cease & desist) the processing of your data.
- OBJECTION: You have the right to object. This means that you can raise an objection to our processing of your personal information if you don’t think it is in your best interests. Should you raise an objection, we will immediately cease & desist processing your information.
- PORTABILITY: You have the right to portability, which means in the event you make a request under the GDPR for your personal data that we hold, then we will provide it to you in a commonly used, machine readable form (typically, that would mean we are replying via a letter or e-mail).
- BREACH NOTIFICATION: – if in the unlikely event there occurs a breach of security which is likely to result in a high risk to your rights as a data subject, we must inform you without undue delay.
- COMPLAINT: You have the right to lodge any complaint with a supervisory or regulatory authority if you so desire.
For any of the above rights, if you would like to get in touch with us, please use the contact form on this page or via the other contact details below.
However, we may ask you to verify your identity and ask for more information about your request. We will respond within the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
The List Owner (the Data Controller)
The List Owner and Data Controller is C Verity (ICO # ZA110101)
Email: Data Controller
Phone: +44 7535 184973
Other important things to be aware of.
Sending your personal information over the internet.
Your information is held on servers hosted by our Internet Services Provider. Whilst they take every reasonable precaution to protect the data of their clients, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you send to us via the internet.
As such, we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such personal information.
Website HTTPS encryption.
The ‘S’ at the end of HTTPS stands for ‘Secure’. It means all communications between your browser and an HTTPS website are encrypted.
- opting out of Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
What are cookies?
They are small files stored on your computer when you visit a website, ours won’t store personally identifiable information about you, but will remember you if you come back and let us know what pages you were interested in.
If you want to, you can restrict or block cookies for our sites using your web browser settings, but that might reduce some functionality for the site.
Disabling Cookies on a Browser.
You will have to alter your browser privacy settings and that will depend on which browser you are using – here are the most popular browsers instruction pages.
Cookies, (you can disable or decline them on your browser) could collect data from you, or where we analyse visitor statistics we could identify information such as your IP address, but mainly it’s not too personal and just boring statistics and we use them to try to improve the website performance and your experience as a visitor.
Links to other websites
You may find links to external websites, advertisement, banners or RSS feeds on our website from time to time.
We accept no responsibility for, and have no control over, third party websites, links, adverts or RSS feeds or information that is submitted or collected by third parties.
You can then decide if you wish us to use your personal information in the new way and let us know accordingly.
If you disagree to the method or manner of our processing of your personal information as described above, please do not attempt to register with us or submit any forms which include personal data to us.
Website Terms & Conditions
you can view our statement in PDF by clicking on the following link which will open in a new browser window.